OK, OK. I know this website looks impossibly complicated. The reason?
1) I write many different kinds of books.
2) I am including many resources for readers, students, and teachers.
I think the tabbed pages at the top (or in the smart phone "grid") are pretty self-explanatory. However, there's much, much more to explore!
SITE NAVIGATION GUIDE
1. In this middle column (which shows up first on a smartphone) I detail what kinds of books I write, and proclaim the latest news.
2. In the left hand column (which shows up below the first one on a smart phone) I have posted buy links, honors, and my social media links.
3. In the right-hand column (which shows up below the first two on a smart phone) I have posted all my works arranged by category. Clicking on the title will take you to a page about that work (cover, synopsis, buy links, honors, and reviews). In this column are also links to a page of pictures pertaining to this work, and to a page of videos (including readalouds and speeches) and audios (including music) related to each book. There is also a link to what I call my "Writing Muse." More about tht later.
To ask me questions, make comments, order an autographed book or book bundle, schedule a speech, or request an electronic visit with a class that has read one of my books, use the contact page tabbed above, or write me directly at the following e-mail address:
Thanks for stopping by!
What Do I Write?
for middle graders/young adults
for using historical fiction in the classroom
in prose and verse
lllustrated Modern Christmas Stories In Verse
(homage to "A Visit by St. Nicholas")
featuring Santa's high tech Izzy Elves
for kids aged 5+
A terrific endorsement from the Midwest Book Review!
Beautifully illustrated throughout, "Liberty-Loving Lafayette: How 'America's Favorite Fighting Frenchman' Helped Win Our Independence" is a unique, informative, and unreservedly recommended addition to middle school, high school, and community library American Revolution history collections for young readers ages 13-18 in general, and Gilbert du Motier, Marquis de Lafayette supplemental curriculum studies reading lists in particular. It should be noted for personal reading lists that "Liberty-Loving Lafayette" is also readily available in a paperback edition (9780990940814, $10.99), and in a digital book format (Kindle, $4.99). —Midwest Book Review
Having written three books about Major General Lafayette, I am naturally interested in the effort to mark where he stopped during his Fabulous Farewell Tour of 1824-5. I've been having fun participating in dedications of The Lafayette Trail's historical markers. Here I am with Julien Icher, the young Frenchman who founded and runs The Lafayette Trail, at the dedication of the marker in Claremont, New Hampshire.
I am a member of the board for this non-profit entity. (Donations are always welcome!) The blue link above with take you to the website to learn more about it.
BUY LINKS FOR LLL AUDIOBOOK
FOR BBB AUDIOBOOK